So, the tour included an Aqaubus across to Hornby, up that street to Davie, along Davie to English Bay, north on Denman to Robson, along Robson with a detour down to admire the Coal Harbour views, back aong Denman with a stop at a shoe store on Granville, over into Yaletown, lunch at Glowbal Grill again, then the ferry back to Granville Island where we sat sipping coffee before CG and I went to dinner at Bridges and then to an Improv Theatre show.
Whew. Run on sentence there.
Some shots, then, of yesterday's activities:
Down in English Bay. I'm not too gay or anything, am I?

Nor is Martin, is he?

Scenes from the detour down to the Coal Harbour area




Vancouver Public Library
and the opposite corner
Squid with tempura beans at Glowbal

Best part of the day? The sketch wherein two of the Improv cast and two audience members had to act around a scenario with one (Liz Bowen) as the drunk aunt. Each person had to speak in specific numbers of words each time, no more, no less. Liz had four, and at one point she drunkenly interjected, "Wrinkles (pointing at her eyes), sagging (cupping well below her breasts), no boyfriend)." Hilariously done!
4 comments:
I really like the beach scenes, and the one of the harbour with the boats! I remember that library. One of the most unique libraries I've seen. I'm sure you've seen better, Peter, but it's the neatest one I've ever seen (at least from the outside)!
The squid with tempura beans sounds like it could have easily been eaten at ViJ's! Unusual mixture of ingredients but probably very tasty :)
The squid would have been out of place at ViJ's, I think, plus tempura is not Japanese. ViJ's is gourmet-ish, but it is pretty respectful of Indian styles and ingredients in many ways.
Did you mean to say that tempura is not INDIAN? :)
Post a Comment