Saturday, April 14, 2007

3 Vancouver meals

Three recent dinners in Vancouver. How funny it is in retrospect that I ordered halibut each time. Prepared differently in each case, of course, but it leaves no doubt as to what one of my favourite fish is!

First up, Cassis Bistro. We dined there in January with Mum and Roy, and Conrad and I had wanted to go back. Halibut for each of us with a side of glazed veggies (beans and zucchini) to share. Tasty food once again. We'll happily go back.




After the Easter brunch visit to the family, Conrad and I nejoyed dinner with my sister at O'Doul's at the Listel Hotel on Robson. A rainy night out, and my cold was in full swing. That meant I didn't really partake in the wine the other two were enjoying and discussing at length with the waiter. O'Doul's does have a terrific wine list - a lot of BC wines on it - and the private dining room's display was a delight to browse.


I had the halibut.


Marie had a ravioli dish with roasted vegetables.


Conrad went for salmon, not unexpectedly!


The next evening the three of us had an early dinner at Il Nido. I was a little more hungry than the evening before, so I shared in the squid and the spinach salad
with the other two.


Marie's pork was the prettiest of the entrees.


I can't recall what Conrad had, and it didn't photograph well. The beans with the halibut were a touch al dente for my liking, but otherwise the fish was once again a terrific choice.

No comments: