I was talking with someone - I can't think whom - recently about how travel affects how we live. Food is the best example: Conrad and I went to Spain in 2004, and for the rest of the year and beyond it was all jamon serrano, olives, fino, and other Spanish treats for us. New Zealand last year, and now all we do is look for New Zealand wines on the menus of restaurants where we go now.
So back to Hawaii and Conrad's evil influence. I arrive there on the first trip in 2005, and Conrad, already there, was ready: aloha shirts for us both. Over the course of that trip we bought a few more. In 2006 we went back for Conrad's birthday. Yep, more shirts. In 2007 Conrad went to Hawaii without me for work, but this year I've made it back three times. And... and... ? More shirts!
I do rather love them, I admit. Better still, thanks to the shirts, Conrad is wearing more and vibrant colours. LOVE IT.
This blog is about me, though, of course. I know that some of these are a little dubious, and almost none of them are suitable for wearing anywhere in the lower 48 save for weddings in Chico. No matter, I'm fond of them and deservedly so. So then, a fun little selection:













5 comments:
hello
You've never seen the vanity tag before? I use it whenever I'm overly satisfied with my hair or outfit.
:-)
We trade off shirts - no duplicates between us. The blue pineapple one was the one he wore in the local news clip in Honolulu earlier this year.
quite the collection you have going :)
They're just so darn fun to wear, Brenda. It goes overboard a bit, I know, but what the heck!
Love the pineapple shirt! You can wear it at the cottage next summer! I think you (or Con) already did this past summer - oh well, wear it again! That one is the best! Can't wait to see you next weekend! Karen
Post a Comment