...but I napped a bunch when I got home from the hospital this afternoon. Yes, the hospital: one more night there for observation. Oh, the fun of having an IV inserted (third attempt was the charm). Ah, how wonderful to urinate into a plastic container so they can track (presumably) my hydration levels.
Anyway, enough of that. Conrad and I have spent much time quietly today - in the hospital and at home - planning the NZ trip. I've also been playing with my iTunes on the new laptop, and figuring out what I love about ACDSee 8, which I downloaded a few days back.
In the meantime, I finally got around to some of our own photos. I'm posting a shot of my salmon from the other night:

I'm also posting a shot of some flowers sent me. Kristina and Christopher had some lilies delivered a handful of days back; in bud at the time, they are blooming wonderfully. They are not as heavily fragrant as some other lilies, but I did catch their scent on coming home today. I am sorry not to be skilled at flower photography, but among all the lovely bouquets and plants I have received, I did want to capture at least one on photo while it was still in its prime:
7 comments:
Ugh hospitals.. all that poking and prodding.
Have you ever tried Picasa? It's a photo/media manager that's a free download form Google, also comes with the Google Pack.
I love iTunes, the quality of MP3s isn't great, but then neither is my hearing after a New Order show in the late 80's. (My ears rang for days and I managed a nightclub at the time so if I say something is loud, it's LOUD.)
When are you guys going to NZ? NZ and Australia are on my list of places to go, but I think the 27 hour flight will totally unhinge me, better to take a cruise methinks.
I'm patiently awaiting the Vanna-esque pictures, are you running up something new and sequined for the shoot?
A friend turned me on to ACDSee a few years back. Yes, it costs money. I think it's Canadian, though, so that's fine.
We're off to NZ in February. We cashed in a bunch of miles to get business class seats on Air NZ, so that should be relatively comfortable. As you might guess, wine touring will be a prominent feature of our trip.
The Vanna-esque photos may have to wait until a barber does something with my hair....
:-)
I love upgrades. I can't sleep on planes at all so if I do fly very long distances it has to be in business or first. I never have happy seat mates because I'm always playing a game on my computer.
My wine consumption is zero these days, too hot and I can't bear more than a glass at a time after being in the yard all day. I think I need some Lambrusco or Prosecco with this weather.
I had assumed you'd be wearing a wig for the photo shoot, now you want a styling team?
Peter, I love the combo of colourful lillies. I would never have thought of placing only lillies in a bouquet but it totally works! :)
And another librarian chimes in: welcome Jeffrey! Did you stop in Prince Rupert on your way up or down the coast? Will you come back and read this blog? Will we see you in Seattle in January?
Brenda, I'd take credit for the bouquet, but that's how it came. I simply trimmed the stems to have some variation in height in the vase.
IV bag photos? Ah Jeph, get some help. I mean it!
LOL
More lilly talk...I gave my parents a bouquet of white lillies, red roses, and baby's breath, as a 35-year anniversary gift. My mom remarked that it looked like a bridal bouquet. Not a bad comment, I'd say, given that it was for their wedding anniversary, eh?!
Not at all a bad comment to hear, I agree. Well done!
Post a Comment