
Hmmm, now THAT sounds like a nutritious breakfast! Yea and verily, a breakfast of champeens!
Three food items that took up some of my time this past long weekend (okay, I actually had to work today, but I was still in the kitchen after that!). The lemon blueberry trifle (another Emily Luchetti recipe), in fact, took longest as it involved making a sponge a day or two in advance, making lemon curd and blueberry sauce, folding the curd into whipped cream, layering it, then topping with a last minute layer of whipped cream for a nice clean appearance. By comparison, the rose water angel food cake was a simple matter of using up some egg white yesterday afternoon, then whipping up some cream and flavouring it with rose petal syrup to garnish the cake this morning. Chicken wings?
Marinate overnight in a buttermilk, cumin, and garlic mixture, drain this afternoon, and bake in a hot oven with a couple of bastings of a lemon juice, cumin, and salt mix.In the end, though, all three were hits, or so I think. I didn't taste the angel food cake; instead I gave it to the Reference Department in thanks for them covering some chat shifts for me. I hope it was good - I feared it was a little too moist and dense.

I'm not nearly so good a food photographer as Jeph. He stages his food nicely and plates it well, something I don't quite have enough patience for. So I instead offer you humbler photos of things that were yummy. Enjoy.
8 comments:
I really want some of that trifle! Of course you have a trifle dish..lol. I have a glass cake keeper that doubles as a trifle dish, very handy.
One sign of a successful evening is that we came home with no food - there was trifle left at the end of the night, but I gave it to a couple of other people.
It was good, though.
And yes, a trifle dish was an early addition to my Chicago kitchen so I wouldn't have to hunt high and low to borrow one. People in Canada are a little more likely to own such dishes!
I was so focused on the trifle that I forgot to mention how great everything else looks.
Thanks guys! Again, not plated like yours, Jeph, but it all went over well!
I have to worry about bringing home leftovers since Conrad and I will eat them. Oh, it's fine to have a little trifle at a holiday barbecue, but if it's in our fridge, we'll eat it daily. Did I tell you how many eggs and how much whipping cream I used to make that thing?
:-P
"humbler photos of things that were yummy" totally works for me...mmm...
all these dishes were worth the labors. (Goodness!) KK had the triffle for linner and the chicken wings were good company during the Germany v/s Italy match.
:wq fxk
So, are we sad that Germany lost?
It's been said that one can never really be a "neutral" in any football match. I was hoping for a German victory. They have played much better football the entire tournament. The game was even but Italy deserved to win. (if the match ended before the penalty shootout)
:wq fxk
Post a Comment