
Yes, it was the prune cake dinner party. I spared Allan and Paul the ordeal of photographic the main meal, so no shots of that. Baked halibut in chermoula (a favourite recipe from past times), some very tasty white beans cooked with bacon and roasted red peppers and flavoured with mustard and mint, and a simple salad of red onion and fennel.
I did bake bread, though.

Not the prettiest effort ever, but it was delightfully tender, and I finally got to use the pans from the NBF.
I think I should have baked it longer. Ah well.Dessert was lovely, I think. The cake is vsually appealing, for one. Paul figured out that it was prunes just by the scent - excellent nose on that man (now if only we could get him to remove the hangers from his coats before he tries to go outside!). In the end I was pleased.


A good dinner with our two friends, then. Nice to catch up with them, and reassuring to know that I can still cook after all these weeks of lazy cooking for myself and dining out all weekend every weekend!
3 comments:
The cake looks very nice, indeed. Yum, yum!
My sister made fudge today. Can't wait to taste it :)
The cake tastes great. I made it on Friday, and tonight I could barely restrain myself from having yet another thin slice. So good!
No problems with the bread pans, nope!
How was the fudge, Brenda?
Well, the fudge didn't turn out. It was great ganache-type stuff, though :) It was supposed to be chocolate-walnut fudge. The fudge she made a couple of weeks ago turned out splendidly. That was maple-walnut...mmmm!
Post a Comment