Alors, jam tartlets (quince and blackberry), scones (dried apricot and pistachio, dried fig and walnut), and an eccles cake using scrap pastry.
And it's an Ugly Betty to boot! Ahhhhh.


More rambling text accompanied by travel photos, food photos, and photos of me in what I think of as good hair days. And food photos.


4 comments:
Baking is my drug of choice for relaxation! My dream is to open a B&B just to have an excuse to bake more for others! My freezer would thank me too... hee hee!
Joe, my partner thinks that it would be fantastic to own and operate some relaxing, but cool and hip, but charming B&B. He thinks the Florida Keys would be the ideal location.
The flaw in his plan is that he thinks I'll be glad to get up and do all the breakfast prep every morning while he sleeps in until 10:30. I'm a morning person, I admit, but....
He calls it retirement. I call it "Dream on, Buster!"
:-P
Jeph, the last thing is the eccles cake. Scraps of pastry rolled out, topped with currants, bundled, and re-rolled. It's what my Mum woudl do with the scraps from her baking.
The prune cake is still planned for tomorrow night. I think. I found an interesting lemon-buttermilk ice cream recipe that interests me. I think I may still go with the prunes, though!
Mmm...mmm...mmm!
Never tried an eccles cake but I have heard of them.
"Relaxing" for me involves EATING the baked goodies, not baking them :)
Post a Comment