Tuesday, July 03, 2007

balcony dinner (again) (salads)


Wow, was I wiped out by the time dinnertime rolled around. I napped a little after I got home from work (and finished rereading a good little book called Perfect Agreement I'd read several years back). When Conrad got home, I persuaded him that a long, late night at Yoshi's would not be good with how tired we were. I love Yoshi's truly, but I really wanted to stay close to home. Besides, I knew I could put together a reasonable dinner from the contents of the fridge.

A green salad drizzled with the Seresin lime-infused olive oil. Smoked salmon with fried capers, dill, and red onion. A caprese salad. A plate of fresh strawberries, and the remains of the lime cake from the other night. A bottle of a Lang Vineyards Grand Pinot. The evening was comfortably warm, so it ended up being a nice, casual dinner out on the balcony.
I suspect Conrad may have really wanted to go to Yoshi's after all, though, given the dreadful photo of me that he took (and in all fairness to friends whose photos have landed on this blog, I am posting it here).
5 miles in the AM!

1 comment:

the ginger tabby said...

Those red strawberries on the green plate look luscious!