Wednesday, July 27, 2011

does this now count as a rut?

I don't know, am I in a rut? Or can I blame it on the heat for making me keep the stove and oven off and further ascribe it to wanting to enjoy the purity of seasonal produce? Or am I lazy?

(likely this last one)

Two more balcony salad dinners. Monday night, after swim practice. A bit of smoked mackerel this time for our protein, and a quick, thin and light gazpacho left chilling while we were at the pool. The soup made a return on Tuesday, enlivened with some diced cucumber, pepper, and onion, and some chopped parsley to boot. Our neighbour Jeff (I have a preponderance of Jeffs and Jephs these days, it seems) came up for dinner with us, sitting through the soup and on to a tuna salad nicoise (I'd had one at Yoshi's on Tuesday, and decided I wanted to do one at home). The yellowfin was a splurge, but a tasty one. I was pleased with the platter. Better still, Jeff baked dessert for us. His oven switched on, not mine! And it was a tasty dessert, too - cobblers made with blueberries and raspberries he'd picked the day before. Yum!

Dinner out tonight (it's my birthday, I am home alone, and I am not cooking). Tomorrow? Oh, salad sounds good, I think...

2 comments:

Joe said...

Wish I could have made a fantastic dinner (or even a favorite sweet, perhaps!) for you on your birthday!

Happy Birthday, Peter!

Peter said...

Joe, thank you. One day I may be able to take you up on that offer! :-)