Monday, October 17, 2011

questioning the hat

So, in an effort to be more grown up and emulate Martin's style (which I genuinely admire - do not read this opening sentence as snark, please!), I have added a couple of hats the wardrobe. When I bought this at an H&M in Toronto (yes, I was in Toronto, it happens), I thought it looked rather dapper. When I wore it Friday night to go out for dinner with Bradley, I found myself thinking it looked old and stuffy and like I was trying too hard.


I'm usually not so torn on my clothing (though Conrad and perhaps Todd and a few other close friends might dispute that), but with the hat, I am. I'll hold on to it, but I fear it may take up residence in a corner of my closet and not see daylight again for quite some time. Like when I'm truly old or something. Which may not be all that far off, come to think of it....

1 comment:

Conrad R. said...

Hats are hard. I finally broke down and got one (pics soon) but it was one purchase I was seriously resisting for a long time. I did get a greek boating hat in Italy, but the less said of that, the better.