I have every good intention of revitalizing this blog in the year ahead, so perhaps closing 2011 with a posting or two will be a good segue. While I have cake layers in the oven, then, a Top 25 songs of 2011 from me.
(Oh, and a word on how I came about with this list - I went to my iTunes, sorted it for 2011 releases, then sorted by most played and from that pulled this list. The result is presented alphabetically by song.)
Here we go!
- About As Helpful As You Can Be Without Being Any Help At All - Dan Mangan (lead track from the new album, which continues to grow on me, though not as quickly and easily as Nice Nice Very Nice did)
- Blind Faith - Chase & Status (I also listened a lot to an older track by them, End Credits)
- Bounce (Radio Edit) - Calvin Harris
- Broken Record (Jacques Greene Remix) - Katy B (I also had Katy on a Mission on play a bunch)
- Calgary - Bon Iver (never heard anything else by him despite all the Grammy nom hoopla – this was a free track I took a chance on and rather liked)
- E.T. (feat. Kanye West) - Katy Perry (I am unashamed of my Katy Perry love acquired at the gym)
- Leaves, Trees, Forest - Dan Mangan (my favourite track from Oh Fortune)
- Lights - Ellie Goulding
- Lotus Flower – Radiohead (terrific album through and through)
- Marathon - Tennis
- Moves Like Jagger (Studio Recording from "The Voice" Performance) [feat. Christina Aguilera] - Maroon 5 (I didn’t pay attention to this one until it got me dancing quite happily at my wedding)
- Never Be Mine - Kate Bush (of all the re-recordings that made up The Director’s Cut, this was my favourite)
- Party Rock Anthem (feat. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock) – LMFAO (come on, who didn’t enjoy this one?)
- Pumped Up Kicks - Foster the People (I also liked a remix of Waste that I have on my iTunes)
- Rolling In the Deep – Adele (though I confess I got tired of hearing it at the gym all summer)
- Rows Of Houses - Dan Mangan (a nice rocking side to the man)
- Set Fire to the Rain – Adele (great third single from the album)
- Someone Like You – Adele (no, I don’t cry listening to this)
- Swagger Jagger - Cher Lloyd (hilariously cheesy! And a great use of Darling Clementine)
- The Tide Pulls From The Moon - William Fitzsimmons (I can’t remember how I stumbled on this, but a nice little strummer of a song)
- Till the World Ends - Britney Spears (I am gay, after all)
- ÜBerlin - R.E.M. (typical for them – one decent single, and then nothing more from the album)
- We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harris) – Rihanna (I’m so-so on Rihanna, but this song hooked me)
- What the Water Gave Me - Florence + The Machine (so glad I saw her live this past summer)
- 50 Words for Snow - Kate Bush (title track from a gorgeous album that will be on heavy play for months to come - my favourite from it will change again and again, I know)
Honourable mention to a song I only heard for the first time post-Christmas: Love You Like a Love Song - Selena Gomez & The Scene
No comments:
Post a Comment