Sunday, October 04, 2026

the group has come together


Good morning!  It’s 5:44 AM in Hanoi as I start this.  I am walking early here, but I went to bed at not too bad a time and slept reasonably.  It’s starting to get light out, and I will head down to breakfast soon.

It was a low key day for me and Conrad yesterday.  We walked around a little, but we didn’t quite have the energy to do so much.  And that’s ok!  We have a lot to see and do in days ahead, after all.  The grey weather wasn’t the best for photos either, alas.  









Still, there was a terrific lunch (turmeric noodles with chicken for me)

and a bit of poking in stores.  Oh, and Starbucks in Vietnam!


Most importantly, however, the tour group was all together for the first time.  Hooray!  So good to see Denelle, Peter, and Pru again, and really terrific meeting the others.  We were taken by bus to a restaurant


with a private room and a very very generous meal.  I didn’t photograph the food, but the menu shows all of the things we had.  

I especially liked the spring rolls and the pork ribs, and that sauce for the vegetables had some real tasty kick to it.  The staff were worried that we didn’t like the food because we left so much, but we simply couldn’t eat it all.  I felt badly that they thought we didn’t like it.

Today there will be sightseeing with the group, and then later today I am meeting with someone from a local library before Conrad and I (and perhaps others) go off to find dinner.  Tomorrow the library visits begin!

No comments: