
A beautiful evening out. Even the breeze is warm. A pink moon rose to the southeast of us after dinner. Many sailboats on the lake. The highrise across the street trapped the vermillion sunset in its windows. Ahhhhh.
We had a simple dinner outside on the balcony tonight, and I'm sitting outside still, thanks to the marvels of wireless. I baked chicken legs and thighs marinated overnight with mustard, shallots, lemon, and capers.
I served them up with some broccoli rabe and a bit of tomato dabbed with a creamy French sheep's milk feta. Conrad had picked out a bottle of Church and State Pinot Noir in Vancouver just because he liked the bottle, and we decided it was a decent one to try again. And now? The sky darkens, Art Blakey plays on my iTunes, and we're shamelessly enjoying some dark chocolate caramel bars from Rogers'....
No comments:
Post a Comment