
I'm struggling to recall when last we were at Bin 36. Surely it wasn't last June with Quinton and his wife, but quite possibly it was. Shame on us.
Conrad's office had an open house late this afternoon. We walked up from there to Bin 36 for dinner before heading home. A cool evening, but a gorgeous one. We sat in the window, Conrad with his Left Coast Reds flight and I with my Sauvignon Blanc and Friends flight. It's been a tiring week, so we weren't greatly animated. More just winding down with some nice food and wine, holding hands a little.
I was thrilled to see the return of fritto misto, though with crab and clams this time.
I recall a vegetable version on their menu in the past, and it was a favourite. The best were the lemon slices, battered, fried, and salted. They made a welcome return on my appetizer plate, and that made my evening.
I look a little manic or something in that photo, I realize.Conrad started more easily with a good salad.
He followed this up with the monkfish.
In terms of wines, I think he did better than I. His half pour of Cycles Gladiator 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon was so lush. I smelled black mission figs in it. Yes, I sound pretentious, but really, that's what it recalled to my mind. We each had a full pour for dessert alongside with three cheeses (not photographed).My meal? Rabbit two ways.
Very very tasty. The wines held up well with it, though it was a Pomelo 2006 Sauvignon Blanc that I most liked and bought a bottle of to bring home.Now to fully unwind and have a not-too-hectic weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment