Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Salmon/chocolate

Another fine evening, another dinner on the balcony. We stopped by Whole Foods (now THERE'S a surprise! Fourth time in the one week it's been open!) and picked up some sockeye salmon for dinner. I crusted it with some seasoned cornmeal and fried it up nicely, serving it on a bed of seared zucchini, peppers, and onions.
The veggies then became the sauce when I dished it on to the plates. Wow, check out the biceps on that guy!

;-)

With a simple salad (here's a fast and tasty dressing - plain yogurt, salt, pepper) and bottle of the 2004 Domaine Chandon Pinot Noir (but not too much for me - I have 7 miles to run in the morning), we were set.


Dessert? Nothing baked or cooked or even cut up. Just a box of Vosges truffles to open.We didn't devour them all, mind you. Fun as that may be....

2 comments:

Allison said...

Those chocolates look amazing!

Peter said...

Vosges chocolates are pretty good. Nothing beats the Barcelona Bar, in my opinion, but I didn't at all mind the couple of truffles I munched on last night!