Tuesday, December 02, 2008

taking Ray Ray to dinner


I haven't even looked at all the Hawaii photos yet, and there are, oh, a hundred or more cards to be written. Whyohwhyohwhy am I posting photos from a week ago at Yoshi's?

Because it was Rachel's birthday, and she deserves a little blog love. That doesn't sound quite right.

I already can't recall how old she turned last month. No matter. I met her at Yoshi's on Wednesday evening at 7 and treated her to a roasted kabocha pumpkin filled with veggies and tofu. I stuck with lamb, we each had a martini (and I had some wine), and when the pumpkin creme brulee came out, there was a candle for her to blow out.

Fun times with friends, and a bit quieter at Yoshi's that night before Thanksgiving. Belated Happy Birthday Ray Ray. See you next week at The Persistence of Memory!

3 comments:

C. L. DeMedeiros said...

40's is not bad at all!!!

let me tell you:
you're 20 + 20
better!!!


;)

you live a swell life

the ginger tabby said...

That squash with veggies and tofu looks great!

Hey, Peter, I'd love to try Yoshi's if it's feasible :)

Peter said...

I was thinking on the Friday, before Allison gets in, or as a very late bite after she arrives.