Even as I type, it's a sunny evening, albeit dimming slowly. Conrad is reading out on the balcony. I'm not in a reading mood tonight (even if I happily browsed used book stores today), and so I'm post-dinner blogging. We'll put a movie in a little later. We have a bottle of a 2006 Quail's Gate Merlot, and we're relaxed.So, of course I'm blogging!
Just another short note from our Vancouver vacation. We dined simply on the balcony tonight. Our farmers' market expedition yesterday plus a bit of shopping today (not much, I promise - well, other than the books and the wine) yielded the makings of an easy meal that required no cooking. Tossing together. Plating. C'est tout.
So then: jamon serrano, cashews, olives and cornichons, little stacks of heirloom tomato slices with feta from Qualicum and some basil, a simple salad. Conrad made us martinis (in highball glasses - we need to gift Marie with proper martini glasses for her birthday next month).
You know, the more I think about it, the more I realize that we're kind of living the same life here as we do in Chicago. Not at all a bad thing, but interesting to observe in ourselves. Well, without the going to work thing, of course!
No comments:
Post a Comment