Friday, November 13, 2009

back in my kitchen


Truly, friends (all two of you who read this), it is good to be home. My own kitchen. Everything in its place. Happiness.

I didn't want to do a big production tonight, so that meant something easy like pork tenderloin. I have lamb stew in mind for tomorrow, mind you, but today it was quick and simple:

Pork tenderloin, rubbed with seasonings and oil, seared, roasted.

Broccoli rabe, chopped and sauteed gently with shallots.

Parsnips glazed with balsamic vinegar (why do I almost cringe writing those two cliched words?) and soy sauce.

Plated, served with a Stone Paddock Pinot Noir. A nice evening in for sitting in the living room and catching up after a week apart. And a good way to return to my kitchen.

1 comment:

cg said...

i love balsamic vinegar with a deep and abiding love. i also love pork. it looks delicious.