Thursday, May 20, 2010

at around 5:50 in the AM, campus

Ahhh... the sounds of the city. I'm sitting out on the balcony for the first time this year, catching up on blogging, and below my is a cacophony of fire engines rolling east toward the lake. Hardly tranquil.

Here's tranquility: campus at about 5:50 in the morning. As usual, the bus dropped me off about ten minutes before the doors to the rec centre opened. The sky was fading from its earlier bruised complexion, and the day promised to be fine. I strolled to the side street alongside the centre and took some photos.










I've always been curious what the blooms are. I think someone once told me they were cat mint, but I don't know. Handsome bed of them, though.

It's a quiet part of town at that hour, unsurprisingly. That's what I like so much - the calm, the peace, the feeling for fleeting moments only that I'm the only one there and it's all mine. It's not a bad feeling.

And then they open the doors, and I have to go on in and work out. Spell ended. Morning well underway.

1 comment:

cg said...

they look like cat mint to my eye. you can compare with my (not so vibrantly blooming) cat mint when you're over on Saturday.