Friday, May 28, 2010

if cheese is wrong, I don't want to be right



Ladies and gentlemen, tonight marked twice this year - in my life! - that I've had raclette.

Technically, it marks the third time as well since we ordered a second round after the first was so darn good.

;-)

Mark, one of my younger brothers, came in from the Vancouver suburbs to join the three of us for dinner and drinks at Au Petit Chavignol. I've been keen to try the place for some time now given how often I've peered in the windows as we shop next door at Les Amis du Fromage.

I'll keep this simple - it feels late (it's almost midnight in Chicago), and I want to be up well in time tomorrow to go swim at the club. We had a great time snacking our way through roasted vegetables, butter lettuce salad, serrano ham, bread, duck rillettes, and the raclette.









Two bottles of a BC red blend. Chocolate cookies baked to order for dessert.

Yes, we WILL be going back there, I can guarantee that!

The Vancouver trip goes well. Tomorrow I shall tie on an apron and cook for 6 of us - fun! But for now, the sleepiness is fast coming on, and I shall take my cheese-filled belly to bed....

No comments: