But I can't quite give it up. I'm not sure why. Vanity? Documentary? The pleasure of connecting however distantly and even anonymously? I thought I might get to 1000 entries then call it a day. I shan't do that. I like being able to lob my dining adventures out there, or my self-deprecating comments on my own self-obsession, or photos of lovely scenery I've enjoyed (usually with Conrad).
You, my few readers, are stuck with me a little while longer.
I promised an entry filling in the month+ gap during which I was too lazy to blog, so here we go.
After my birthday entry back in July, I flew out to join Conrad for a weekend in Los Angeles. A highlight of that weekend was getting to watch, for the first time, an ATP event. We saw Mardy Fish and Ryan Harrison play in a semi-final at the Farmers Classic at UCLA. Gorgeous weather, a match that had some compelling moments, and a great afternoon overall. Bonus points for shopping at the Penguin by Munsingwear store on the way back from the tennis.
Back in Chicago, I enjoyed a rare visit by Terraceites: Arjunna and Sonya.
There were meals at Yoshi's. Of course.
My sister came to town for the first time in years, and we were able to get her to a very good and indulgent dinner at one of our favourite places in Chicago, Topolobampo. I cannot speak in praise of sommelier Jill Gubesch often enough. Oh, and the food was pretty darn good.
Marie and I picked up my best friend, Todd, from Milwaukee, and once Allison joined us at Yoshi's that night, the four of us had a terrific bachelor party weekend that featured ComiCon and a Tiffany and Debbie Gibson concert. Yes, you read that right. Be jealous of me. That whole Saturday kicked serious ass.
Conrad and I joined teammates in Madison for an open water swim. He cheered, I swam (and came in second in my age group).
We continued to get to know our neighbour Jeff better. Good guy - a runner, but more importantly, someone who dines. We totally respect and appreciate that. We took him for a maiden voyage to Yoshi's. Of course.
I don't talk work on here, but oh heck. I will note that Val and I co-presented a well-received poster session at the Society of American Archivists conference in Chicago.
And then August came to a close, and Conrad and I made it to our second home, happily.
I won't resolve to do better with blogging, to be more regular. I will beg your indulgence. 1000 posts is a good milestone. But no, I'm not stopping. Care to join me as I press onward in my own particular way?
2 comments:
I for one really enjoy reading your blog -- great way to keep in touch and share your wonderful, wonderful life! Thanks for keeping it going.
Louise in Terrace, B.C.
Peter, I just discovered your blog. I'm going to read my way through the WHOLE thing, which may take me many months of enjoyable perusing! Please keep it going!
Becky in Terrace, B.C.
Post a Comment