Monday, September 05, 2011

sunset, Sunshine Coast



Not much a post, I admit. Well, not much text anyway. A bunch of pretty photos to share instead.

Conrad and I had dinner up the coast last night, catching up with my stepmother, Bella, and my brother Carlos over a meal at Daphne Restaurant in Sechelt. After we'd finished, they headed home to Madeira Park, and Conrad and I continued south to our B&B in Davis Bay. It's a lovely little stretch of the highway there, along the water front. Beach, a pier, some small motels and B&Bs, a view across to Parksville on Vancouver Island. I rather like the place and wish we'd had a couple of night there. Ah well.

Anyway, as we drove toward the B&B, we could see that the colours of sunset were becoming more and more intense. I asked Conrad to pull over short of the B&B so that we could be sure to get some photos as the sun went down. We were not, assuredly, the only people to have that idea.

I don't wish to live on the Sunshine Coast, but evenings like last night make me wish I could visit a lot more often.









No comments: