So, no, not much going on these recent days, but I can still post a smaller, simpler post or two, right?
Saturday night I tried a new cocktail. Readers of this blog, all two of you (and thank you!), will know that we are awfully fond of The Last Word round these parts. Sometimes, however, I want a bit of variation without wandering into completely different cocktails. The Final Ward is one such example. This past Saturday, though, I browsed through a Google Doc I had found somewhere - likely on Reddit - and decided on one called That's My Word.
All in all, I liked it. Not as herbaceous as a Last Word, sweeter, even fruity thanks to the play of St. Germain and the lime juice. I made only the one, then had a glass of wine with dinner. Which, by the way, was an ok pork chop dinner.
Far better was enjoying The Thursday Murder Club on Netflix, which has launched Conrad into reading the books.
We don't have an online happy hour until the end of the month, alas, so this may be a rare bit of new cocktail exploration for September. That said, it was a good one to land on.


No comments:
Post a Comment