Sunday evening here. Dinner is done, dishes are done. We're all caught up on Top Chef. My arm hurts, but not terribly so at this moment - I had my second (and last) shingles vaccine today. I've arranged tomorrow so I can work at home in case it feels worse (I've been told the second shot is worse than the second, and the first was painful for a few days). I've had a day of walking Olive and getting the vaccine and grocery shopping and making banana bread and napping and cooking dinner. Now to finish up the weekend with a blog entry on the weekend that was.
I have nothing to share about Friday. There was a work event that had me at the library until 6 that day. I then came home and had a very basic meal that was essentially instant ramen noodles and frozen peas. Yep. I have my cheats. Nothing to drink. I had to pick up Conrad at about 9 at Burbank Airport. Got him home, wound down, headed to bed. And that was Friday!
Saturday morning we headed out for a walk. We hadn't done a walk together since our last morning in Boston, and even that was a little shorter than usual. So it was nice to get out for a few miles or so on a mildly cool and cloudy morning. Of course we ended up at Amara.
Arepa for me, breakfast croissant for Conrad, and lattes.
That felt like a little return to home and normalcy. Very welcome.
Saturday was consumed with laundry and a few other things at home. I always like when we get some things done but not too much. Enough to feel accomplished but not so much that we don't feel relaxed. A good balance during the day. Come 5:00, and we were heading for the car to drive to Van's.
Weeks back, Van's dear friend and former colleague, Mitch,
celebrated his 65th birthday (my gosh, all the birthdays we celebrate these days are in the 50s to 70s). Alas, a dental emergency on his end meant that we had to postpone dinner out together until last night. We met him and his husband, Ted,
in Santa Monica at The Georgian.
It seems to be the place we go to for special occasions now, and I'm not upset about that. They frown on photos inside, so I really have none of the dinner, but good cocktails, an excellent tuna tartare, and a tasty steak for me. It was a lovely evening in a terrific setting, so good to see them again.
I was up before 7 this morning despite how cozy bed was. Conrad and I got some gear on and a harness and leash on Olive and took her out for a walk. Shockingly, Van was awake and out of bed before 9, so we popped up to Starbucks for the three of us and then talked a little about the plans for next weekend's party. And then it was on to the day that I outlined above. I made a simple dinner for us - a couple of mediocre tuna steaks with some rice and boy choy. Conrad made himself a martini, I had a Naked and Famous, and we sat outside despite how chilly it felt to us.
Time to wind down here. Monday will come soon. May you have had a good weekend wherever you are!








No comments:
Post a Comment