Here I sit, listening to the new Manic Street Preachers (Hooray! And I bought the new Bjork. And I'm tempted to get the new Travis! Good night for iTunes! Lots of exclamation points!), letting the evening draw in. Conrad and I had a nice, simple, casual dinner out on the balcony. A tad cool on this May evening, but enjoyable just the same.
Our plans for dinner changed at the last minute, so I tossed together some salad with a variety of found things from the fridge. Drizzled it all with this lovely lime-infused olive oil from Seresin Winery in Marlborough and a touch of balsamic vinegar made at Venturi-Shulze outside Victoria. A bottle of rosado leftover from Saturday night, and we were good to go.
Some photos, then, of a delightful little dinner and the close of a gorgeous day in the city.






2 comments:
In my defence, the tomatoes aren't too bad, really. They have some sweetness to them. But no, not the same as garden-fresh.
I am jealous of the asparagus - I love the stuff.
And no, not spinach but a bunch of arugula. Also tasty!
:-)
It was a great night here as well! It's good that you took advantage of it, and dined on the balcony.
Post a Comment