I guess when I say "obscenity", I mean my own greed and appetite. In my defense, though, I didn't finish my pancake. On the other hand, maybe if I hadn't eaten any bacon...Breakfast at Walker Brothers' Original Pancake House in Wilmette.
Yes, the suburbs. Funny how easily one assumes a snobbishness toward them even after only a short time in the city, and yet breakfast this morning was far far better than any of the generally mediocre offerings in Boystown. It was served up hot and in ample portions. John and Bryan joined us, with Bryan taking the plunge with me into the apple pancake for which the restaurant is justifiably renowned.

John also had a baked pancake, though his was a savoury version with vegetables and cheese.
Conrad? A "healthier" breakfast of a huge spinach and Swiss omelette
with bacon and pancakes on the side.The rest of the day shall be spent, prone, clutching my belly.
2 comments:
What else can I say but mmm...mmm...mmm!
Allison and I had crepes today for lunch. Mine had red onions, brie cheese, and tomatoes in it. We shared a chocolate one, with bananas, for dessert...mmm!
Post a Comment