Saturday, June 30, 2007

chicken and stuff with RAS

We hadn't seen Rachel in some time, so we thought it would be good to invite her over and have a nice casual dinner together. The original plan was to do takeaway, but I didn't really feel like ordering in or picking up food. I cooked instead. Nothing too complicated, just a reliable old recipe. We had some baked chicken breasts marinated with lavender and lemon, served atop a salad of fava beans, radishes, tomato, and feta.
A clear evening out. It never really warmed up all that much today, and despite the sunshine, we were a bit chilly.
Just the same, though, the tall cold cocktails we concocted were welcome: sparkling pomegranate juice with vodka, Grand Marnier, and a twist of lemon.
Awwww. Such happy people are we!

I also had a simple green salad for us to go alongside.Conrad and I switched to red wine for dinner as well.
Dessert was simple as well. Some raspberries, slices of the lime cake I'd made a few weeks back, and chocolate covered candied orange peel.
Quite evidently, Rachel and I are not afraid to ham it up!
At a certain point, as sunset came on, Conrad and Rachel became engrossed in a book about the classic apartment buildings of Chicago, so I let them go at it while I tidied and started to blog.
A fine dinner, though. Rachel just left about ten minutes back, and Conrad and I have made plans for a pancake feast in the suburbs in the AM. Mmmmmmmmm...

No comments: