Sunday, May 18, 2008

back home from MO


Home from MO? There's a gay joke buried in those three syllables, but I'm too lazy to tease it out.

Conrad was on a separate flight from me, flying with his mother to ensure she made her connection comfortably. He's a good son. He's only just in the door some 20 minutes ago and not yet fully unpacked and refreshed from his journey. While he does that, and before we head to Yoshi's for a bite of dinner, I have time to post a few random shots. More blog posts to follow through the week, rest assured!

We spent a few hours on Saturday enjoying the warm weather by strolling the grounds at the Powell Gardens east of KC. Set amongst the plants is an installation of Zimbabwean sculpture under the title "Chapungu". I liked only some of the pieces, though perhaps it was because they weren't installed in way that made sense of them in the gardens, rather unlike the Chihuly at Garfield Park Conservatory some time back. Still, a few of the works were striking, and this one was my favourite: "Beer for the Wedding" by Gift Muchenje.





3 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

unique sculptures - quite like them

Allison said...

Beautiful park!

Peter said...

I agree with you all - some neat sculptures, and a lovely park indeed. Well worth the drive - and not a bad drive at all!