Monday, May 26, 2008

first balcony dinner of the year


Roof repairs. Gosh darn roof repairs. We've not been out on the balcony for dinner once this year, and now that we've got a rare long weekend of fine weather, we're taking advantage as much as we can.

A shame, though, it was too breezy out last night for dinner out there with Max. Ah well.

I baked tilapia with some fennel, shallots, olives, tomato, and asparagus in parchment. Nice treatment for fish - keeps things from overcooking thanks to all the steam that results. We had a lovely dinner of it, paired with some Mark West Pinot Noir, chocolate budini to follow, and guidebooks for planning a New Zealand trip in 2009.



2 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

I do like fish in parchment - not too greasy or dry. Very yummy indeed!

Peter said...

I know - nice and moist. All the juices trapped and flavouring the veggies to boot.