Thursday, May 29, 2008

date night: tapas

Wait, if this is a date night, shouldn't I be getting to second base (or beyond) instead of blogging the dinner?

A point to ponder. For now, some dining out photos. I was lazy, and Conrad doesn't cook. Hence, a date night. He had suggested some sushi at Wakamono, but we tend to turn to various Asian cuisines when we want to order in or have a quick dinner all too often. Either that, or we head to Whole Foods. I wasn't in the mood for either. Middle of the afternoon today, though, and inspiration struck me: Spanish.

We. Freakin'. Loved. Spain. Alright, I'll amend that and say we just don't get why people think Seville is so terrific - we didn't care for it at all. But we loved almost everything else about the two weeks we spent in Spain in 2004. Cordoba, Granada, Ronda, Madrid. Side trips to other towns for a day. The food. The food. Ahhhhh, the food. Yep, date night would be a walk down to a restaurant, Arco de Cuchilleros, we haven't popped into in years. Shame on us. We'll be back, I hope.

So then, photos of us, happy to have a night together (and starting out with some manzanilla sherry).
I really like that shirt of mine. Why yes, I am vain, why do you ask?

And the food...

Marinated olives.

A cheese plate.

Sole on sauteed spinach.

Cod with a lot of garlic. Oh so much garlic. This was lovely, truly.


Chicken in a sauce of red pepper and wine.

Artichokes with pancetta (wait, that's Italian).

All of it was good, and to top it all (and the wine), we came home to have some white chocolate chip cookies. So much for me being in good shape for the reunion this summer!

And now, back to my date...

2 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

Peter, at first glance, I thought you *made* all of that food! Then, as I scrolled down to even more food photos, I realized that even *you* couldn't have made *all* those platters of food!

Hope you had a great date night :)

Peter said...

I could, though I'd be knackered by the end of it all.

:-)