Here's the thing: Brett is funny, handsome, and sweet. But he's, well, kinda fussy. No, more than kinda. No matter. He has a long list of foods he won't try or plain doesn't like, and for everyone who teases me about being a foodie who won't go near nasty little button mushrooms, I ask you to consider those who have much longer lists of mundane and exotic food no-nos.
I actually had a frozen pizza and a box of mac and cheese on standby for Friday night dinner at home.
No photos of the food, but I am pleased to say the braised boneless country ribs and the chocolate budini passed muster.Saturday night I had less control over. Jeph has heard sooooo much about Yoshi's, we couldn't not take him there. And we like it there anyway, so fingers crossed that the burger would appeal to Brett.
It did. More intriguingly, despite my mother-hen advice to him to have it without the funky cheese, he opted to get the wasabi blue cheese on it. And he ate it. My heart pitter-pattered a little with that one.
So then, dinner, with Jeph wearing a shirt with a collar (see, we tease him, too!), enjoying the edamame.

Conrad ordered the tuna tartare with oyster shooter as a starter.



I went with an old favourite, the grilled radicchio salad with goat cheese, basil, and toasted pumpkin seeds.

Conrad had the halibut for dinner, with a grilled shrimp atop and a lobster bisque sauce.


Jeph and I had the same item, a new item on the menu: Duo of pork ribs and short ribs in a Japanese BBQ sauce, potato potstickers. Very yummy! Shallowly, I admit to loving that shirt and how I look in it. Yes, still vain.



And then there's Brett and his burger. A success, I think. He did eat it all, plus a bunch of fries and some dessert. I'm so proud of him. I know, it's silly.


Speaking of dessert...
Jeph's chiboust - poached pear layered between creamy goodness in an almond pastry with a serving of mango sorbet on the side.

Conrad and Brett each had the molten chocolate cake.

My new favourite dessert at Yoshi's - a layered concoction of cake, purple potato mousse, white chocolate mousse, coconut, and a center of red bean paste. Green tea and ginger ice cream on the side.

So, kudos to Brett for stretching a little this weekend. One day I'll get him to eat seafood. And zucchini.
2 comments:
No seafood? That's my all-time favourite :) I like it more than beef, pork or chicken!
All the food looks very yummy.
The task at hand was to feed Brett. No seafood allowed for him. He's a hottie, but man is he difficult!
;-)
Post a Comment