
Conrad is still in bed - it IS before 7:00 on a Saturday, after all. Heck, if he could, he'd be in bed EVERY morning later than this. But really, it's his own fault for taking up with an irrepressibly (and irritatingly) morning person like me.
His dozing, though, means I can't be too loud out here in the kitchen. I have butter softening to make some cake layers for tonight's dinner, but until he's up, the KitchenAid stays silenced. Time, instead, for me to read the morning news, check Facebook for messages (a new friend this morning - yay!), and continue the catching up with the blog efforts.
Let's go back to last Sunday, then, and our last breakfast with the NBF and Brett. The vote was against anything too fancy (and pricey), and happily a longtime-ago favourite came to mind.
The swim team used to go to Ann Sather all the time when I first came to Chicago (wow, waaaaaay back in 2000). Eventually it became too tough to get a big table, and we shifted to other restaurants. Also, I have to say that the food wasn't good. The point of Ann Sather was the cinnamon rolls that came as a side with every egg dish. They were good, slathered with icing and warm. The rest? Passable at best, disgusting in the case of the side potatoes.
It's the cinnamon rolls that lured us back, and since we were up reasonably early on the Sunday, we headed down there. You know what? It's still busy, but the food has improved nicely. We all enjoyed it, and we have the photos to prove it. And look, I'm all appropriately Swedished up, wearing that t-shirt!
An errant beard hair. Um, ow?


Brett deals with the indignity of being fed some cinnamon roll. No, that is not my finger. Much as I may crush on the man, I, too, have some dignity.



Breakfast. No, I'm not detailing what each item is. Eggs. Egg-related stuff.




Look, other people photograph their food, too!

The wide-eyed look - cute in a chipmunk way.

The woman behind Jeph looks a little angry, no? Also, let's pretend Conrad's eyes are open.
3 comments:
I really like that first photo of you and Conrad, Peter!
I like it, too. I like the not-so posed shots where we're interacting some.
I'm jealous of your cinnamon rolls. luckily jeph is going to make them and they will be DELICOUS. and I'll feed them to brett - i have no dignity ;)
Post a Comment