Back to the Martha cookie cookbook tonight. Actually, I made the dough yesterday, and had the currants macerating all weekend. Rum raisin (a favourite ice cream flavour of mine) shortbreads.
I obviously need to work on making them perfectly round. Practice, I guess. Now to stop snacking on the little things. All in all, not a bad effort. Someone at my office or Conrad's will enjoy them with coffee tomorrow, I think.But hey, a cool Russel Wright dish, right?
2 comments:
Not sure if you actually like shortbread? Peter, Peter...what's not to like?...although I know what you're saying about the pasty texture. The way I see it, shortbread is only pasty if it's not done right. I've had all sorts. I'm partial to the crumble in your mouth kind. Mmm. Our cafeteria started making their seasonal shortbread cookies, and boy are they goood. I have to watch out that I don't have too many.
I like the way your cookies are displayed, Peter :) And rum-and-raisin...mmm.
Very nice shortbread! Love the dish, too (great color)! And, thank you for a blog update. Karen
Post a Comment