Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Queenstown

Another blog posting wherein I start off reminiscing about the 2007 trip and the planning for it. Ah well, it's inevitable. Heck, if we decide to go back to New Zealand in 2011 (World Cup Rugby!), then you'll hear it all over again again!

Back in 2007, though, one place that I kind of blush to admit I vetoed was Queenstown. Foolish me, I had no clue about the wines in the area. Instead, my knowledge of Queenstown was that it was a bunch of bungee jumping and adventure sports. Um, no thanks. But as I said, I was foolish, for Queenstown is a handsome little city.

We flew down there on the Monday morning and spent a little while exploring the town a bit, including getting lunch then heading up the gondola to see the view of the city from up high. You know what? My first time in one of those things. Scared of heights, you know. It wasn't too bad, all things considered, and the view was quite worth it.






We got out of the city later that afternoon, heading for the Millbrook Resort

to enjoy the spa. A massage after 30+ hours of travel is truly a very good idea.

The next morning, before the wine tasting adventure, Conrad and I walked from our hotel into town to find good coffee and just enjoy the quiet morning. The lake was enticing,



but the temperature was not, sadly.

Some shots, then of the town, one we'd gladly go back to (if only for the wines!).

3 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

magnificent photos

Anonymous said...

What about safforn??

Peter said...

Dion, is Anonymous you? I'm blogging a little out of order, and I think I may combine the Saffron meal with the French Cafe, blogging them together.