Monday, October 12, 2009

Tina and Brad are married


I don't think there's much to be written here. Two weeks back, on a day that ended with enough sunshine to make an outdoor wedding by a small lake altogether wonderful, our friends and former swim teammates Tina and Brad were married. The Smelts, of course, claim credit for setting them up, and well we should. Just look at them:



A fine, handsome, happy couple. Smelts, well done!

Many things we loved about that day:

Tina was gorgeous. She has such a lovely trim figure, it's small wonder she was a matchless bride in her dress. How beautiful she was coming down the aisle with her father. I truly choked up a little.

The ceremony itself.
I liked what the officiant said, and I thought the speakers and the music (including bell players led by Tina's mother) were all enjoyable, not overly serious.

Other librarians!

Chocolate cake slices greeting us all at our table - a shared pre-dinner dessert we muchly enjoyed.

A fun reception with the traditional speeches and cutting of the cake but none of the clanging of silverware on glasses to make the couple kiss. I rather hate that inane custom.



Friends from the team - Ron and Carrie shown here.

This man. Actually danced with me a few times. Only the second time in our 8 years together - Allison's wedding last year being the maiden run at that activity. Something about weddings, I guess.

Oh, and did I mention that Tina was gorgeous? Because it truly bears re-mentioning. Stunning.


They may be back from their New Zealand honeymoon by now, and by back, we mean to their lives in Colorado. We miss them from the team, though, and we hope they come back and see us soon. Many happy wishes to them for a long, loving life together.

1 comment:

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

Loved your pics, they turned out so great!