Monday, April 19, 2010

Buster (and not just him)

I'm breaking up the recent travel posts into smaller parcels, focusing on certain aspects rather than lengthy missives or overviews of days on end. And on a day that found me immensely frustrated with (and totally bitter at) work, what better thing to blog about than the new guy in my life. I'm a fool for him, and he knows it.

Buster.



Ah Buster, a handsome, happy dog. Could a guy ask for more. His partner in crime is Coney, and together the two rule the Baltimore home owned by my best friend Todd and his partner Michael. I spent one night with them all, and Buster knew he had an easy mark in me. I spent much of the Sunday night with either his head or his butt parked in or by my lap, and anytime I let up with petting and stroking him, he made it clear I wasn't done.

The next day, he walked me around the lake. Sunny morning, TK and Coney alongside. Best Monday ever, as an earlier post mentioned.

Coney is a little less demanding of attention, and it comes on her terms: when she's had enough, that's it. Simple as that. She was good to me, but Buster got his hooks in me something fierce.

Ah, but I have a secret from Buster and Coney: there's another girl in my life. Maggie. Sweetest girl ever, loves chasing things, glad to lick your face all over and non-stop. She lives with Geoff and Kent in DC, and I daresay she rules the roost there, too.

Conrad and I don't have dogs - we live too selfish and nomadic a life to provide a dog with attention and care. I have to say, though, that for one weekend in DC and Baltimore, it was nice to pretend and have that extra bit of affection flowing both ways.

No comments: