Easing myself back into blogging with a simple entry on a sunny Sunday.
We've been productive today, both of us. Conrad is in the kitchen (at my usual spot) whiling away on some work he brought home. So far today we've also done all the laundry (including a whole bunch of linens) and I have baked some cookies for him to bring in to work. I've written thank you notes, e-mailed my best friend a newsy note, chatted with another friend, and posted recent photos to Flickr. Plus we got groceries, went for an early morning coffee while laundry was on the go, and made it into downtown.
All this BEFORE going to Yoshi's!
:-)
It's been a perfect Sunday, truly. A full and restful night of sleep. A gloriously sunny (though not totally warm) day out there. Flowers and young leaves in full evidence about the town.
Conrad and I had planned to go down to Nordstrom and shop a little - he wanted some nice slacks to keep up in Vancouver. En route, we got to talking about new restaurants to try and ones to go back to, and that got us to thinking of Terzo Piano at the Art Institute. By the time we got a parking spot on Grand, we changed our minds, drove farther south, and headed for AIC.
We got to the Art Institute and parked with about 15 minutes to spare until our reservation for lunch. Great timing - that left us an easy stroll through the nearby part of Millennium Park and over the Nichols Bridgeway to the Modern Wing. Views and sun and flowers and people. What a great day. We could have lingered more, I think, were we not starting to feel a few pangs.
I didn't photograph lunch, I just enjoyed it. That's fine. It's not always about the food (though it is a fine restaurant). Having eaten, we went down to go through the Matisse exhibit, and then took a slightly roundabout drive home to go through the park a bit and just enjoy the day all that much more.
Yoshi's is ahead, and that will be good, too - food and a drink, friends at the bar, my handsome man
1 comment:
Hey Peter, I'm checking out your postings (I'm way behind). You took some lovely photos that day! Hope you're well. Brenda
Post a Comment