Saturday, May 14, 2011

salmon, midweek

I haven't been cooking too many great dishes lately. It feels like I've made dinner and nothing more. It's food, it's nourishing, it's not especially noteworthy or even pretty enough to be photographed. This past Wednesday, however, I took a little time and made a little effort, and the result was a fairly decent little meal for us.
Three components:

  1. Salmon, coated with a bit of oil and seasoned with salt, pepper, and thyme. I seared it to a nice medium.
  2. Corn and leek puree, made with vegetable broth and no dairy, sieved to a better smoothness.
  3. Fava bean and tomato salad, tossed with a simple garlic and sherry vinegar dressing and mixed with some diced red pepper and sliced shallot.

Plated, it looked attractive enough, and I thought the meatiness of the fish, the sweetness of the puree, and the sharpness of the salad made for a balanced plate. A good meal, and one worth photographing at last.



No comments: