I think many of my Chicago friends (all of them, more likely) will be displeased with this weather. I may not join them in that chorus. Look at me: I'm a pale and pasty guy from far north of here. Temperatures in the 80s, like the ones we've had this week, are not ones I enjoy, not in May. July? Fine. At least at that time of year the AC is switched on in our building.
I set out for a dental appointment yesterday in a lightweight H&M shirt

(fun shopping with Martin in Philadelphia!), sticking to the east side of the street for shade so as not to burn. When I came out of my appointment later that morning, it was brisk out. By the time I got downtown to the Art Institute to meet Allison for lunch, fog or low cloud was obscuring the taller buildings.

Our shopping expedition turned into a search for the extra layer we'd neglected to bring along. H&M to the rescue, at least for me!

A sweater day today, and we'll be indoors or in a car much of the day. Were we not entertaining a guest this weekend, though, I suspect I'd spend much of today standing under a deliciously warm shower. And yet for all that, I am glad for this weather. Until the AC gets turned on, it means cool nights of good sleep. 80 degrees? Save it for a few more weeks from now, please!
No comments:
Post a Comment