Yes, Wednesday, not our usual Thursday sushi night. In our defense, usual has been anything but lately. Maestro on a Sunday? Why not sushi on a Wednesday. Conrad plans to go again tonight after his condo board meeting, enjoying a bite with our neighbour, Erik. Me, I'll be at a drag show in North Hollywood with Van.
I started the drive home yesterday thinking that gee, wouldn't it be nice to go have a casual meal out? And then as I got close to Pasadena, the May Grey turned to rain, and I thought to myself how nice it would be to stay in. I did put together something of a chilaquiles when I got home, but I still wanted to go out (the chilaquiles is fine for lunches). So, we headed on down to Mama M and sat at the (sushi) bar. We started with agedashi tofu,
which is never as good when it's takeout, then ate our way through some red snapper and yellowfin sashimi,
some halibut sushi,
an eel and garlic roll
and more. The guys behind the counter recognized us as regulars and passed us a couple of extra treats, like some salmon belly.
We ended up chatting a bunch and sharing some food with the guy who came in and sat next to us as well. Some wine, and then it was home to unwind.
Not an inexpensive little meal in the end, but we did enjoy ourselves. As we so often do when we dine out!





No comments:
Post a Comment