Monday, December 18, 2023

back to normal-ish

Saturday is our usual day for Amara, I know.  However, needs must when the devil drives, or something like that, right?

Ugh.  It was hard getting up Sunday morning, even with 9 hours of sleep (according to my watch/phone).  Nonetheless, I hauled my butt out of bed, and some time a little before 9AM, Conrad and I wandered out in search of sustenance.  And so it was that we found ourselves on a weekend (but a Sunday, not a Saturday) at Amara.  Breakfast and decaf oat milk latte. 


Almost like we never left.

Except, of course, we are off again.  By the time this posts, it will be Monday morning, and we will be en route to Chicago, the first leg of our trip back to Escanaba.  Ah well.  For one morning, my arepa and decaf latte, and a small sense of normalcy.

(Let's not even talk about the Japan trip I just booked.)

No comments: