Thursday, December 21, 2006

Nacional 27

Day 3 of eating. I really need to get to a pool in the morning!

Bob treated us to dinner at Nacional 27 tonight. It's always a pleasure to try places I haven't been to yet. This restaurant is a little livelier - a DJ, some live percussion, lots of cocktails on the menu. Still, generous portions of good food. I rather liked it.

No wine for me tonight. Bob did have a glass of red with his dinner as well as a few other cocktails while Conrad stuck with the house classic margarita. I tried something called (I think) a Chicha Sour - purple and very tangy. I had two and it was getting too sour by the end, but enjoyable nonetheless.

We shared a ceviche platter, then Bob went on to the slow roasted pork, Conrad opted for olive oil poached salmon with some very tasty stir fry, and I had the slow braised lamb with white beans and greens (the photos were too blurry, sorry). I also asked for a side of the roasted pumpkin, peppers, and onions, which we all relished.

No dessert. Believe me, I'm full enough. A decaf au lait was all I finished with.

A successful evening, then. Decent food and good chat with RAD. I did some shopping - stocking stuffers for Conrad and a few things for me. One more day of work, then a weekend with much housework!

2 comments:

Peter said...

Conrad weighs less than I do these days. He's looking, well, hot. So much the better for both of his - his health and my recreation!

LOL

Peter said...

Oh, and the roasted pumpkin was good. There were a few mushrooms on top - pointless - but otherwise, yummy!