Mum and Roy are well. We've heard their enthusiastic recounting of their Christmas expedition to Victoria. We've shared some (sorry to say) curiously underwhelming meals so far here (redeemed by a cheese plate in the lounge of the hotel, though even then the glass of NZ Piot Noir that Conrad started out with us unbelievably poor wine while the attempt at making a grasshopper for Mum was kind but inept),
but they did troop through some stores with us, and we all bonded over the 35 minute wait for a cab at Shaughnessy Restaurant. Fun times.As for Marie, well, she's looking well. I like what she's done with her hair, and her new coat was nicely fitted, I thought.
Mum and Roy head back to Salmon Arm on Monday, but we'll have another opportunity or two to see Marie after that. In other words, expect more photos. From today, however, some shots. The daylight one is from the Aquabus from Hornby Street to Granville Island. The evening ones are all at Shaughnessy Restaurant.


(Not the best photo of Marie, but I kind of like how I look in it!)

4 comments:
Hi Roy and Ann!
So this is where you have been! So patiently I was waiting for an update, though I did enjoy the bit about the onions. My best regards to your Mum. She is looking very well.
- Daniel
I like the pic of you and your mom, Peter :) Also the one of your mom and Roy.
Oh Jeph, are you sure you're not really my former department head? He's rather given to bad puns as well.
Daniel, where the heck have you been? I'm formally charging you and Luis with responsibility for Conrad later this week and next when he's back in Chicago and I'm still on the west coast!
And thanks Brenda!
Post a Comment