Sunday, August 19, 2007

baaaaa


Smart of me: I cooked dinner this morning before we took off for Milwaukee. When we got in the door just before 6, it was a simple matter to reheat and serve.

Lamb tonight. Mmmm, tasty baby animal. Will my vegetarian friends get me for saying that? Ah well. It was tasty. I seasoned two shanks with salt and pepper, browned them, then braised them in red wine and chicken broth along with some dried chanterelles. I like the expensive mushrooms only, remember?

The result was marvelously tender and tasty served atop a pretty decent ratatouille. I didn't care for the French Pinot Noir as much as I liked last night's wine at Yoshi's, but I also know that the bottle - previously opened, so we need to drink it before it fades and dies - likely was not the best pairing for the dish.

2 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

Awww...have you no sympathy for the poor little animals? :(

Peter said...

Poor? More like TASTY little animals, Brenda. A far better dinner than the whitefish I baked last night.