
Conrad is in Hawaii for another week yet, and I'm, well, a little bored without him. So I rooted around in the baking staples cupboard and then searched online for some recipes and found these cookies. Essentially, they're a grown up chocolate chip cookie. Spiced, studded with candied ginger pieces. The dough tasted good.
Honestly? Hmmm. They may need some tinkering with. I read a comment on the recipe from someone who was put off by the butteriness. They are buttery. I tasted one fresh the oven in an early batch, and the butter was the first thing I noted. It's not a bad thing, but...
(and oh gosh, I'm eating carbs! the gym for me in the AM!)
I think that the cookies are better for being rolled and flattened so that they spread evenly and attractively. The early ones were more or less dropped, true to the recipe, and they're smaller clumps rather than broader discs. Live and learn.
They might make the cut for Christmas. They weren't at all difficult to make, so I'll taste-test them on co-workers tomorrow and go from there.
3 comments:
yum!
I second that...yum, yum! ;)
Not too bad, not great. I think I might either get a better and darker chocolate, or eliminate the chocolate and use chunks of ginger along with hazelnuts, perhaps.
Post a Comment