
The things I do for love. Or, in other words, the things I do for Conrad. He loves these cookies, as does his family. Since we'll be up in the UP for the 4th of July weekend, I made some themed cut-out cookies and decorated them up yesterday. We've got a bunch in the freezer now.

He thinks they're fun and tasty, but he's not the one in the kitchen for hours. But I love him, and he DID help with dishes, so...

Note, please, the maple leaves. The 4th of July isn't the most important day of next week, after all! The green cookies were using a lot of blue food colouring. Ah well. Green they are this time! I also tried a neat trick of filling holes in the cookies before they went in the oven with pieces of crushed hard fruit candies. A neat stained glass effect. I'll have to practice with that for Christmas.

My decorating hand is not as steady as Jeph's, but they are edible, so that counts for something!
2 comments:
They look very edible, Peter! Fun-looking cookies. Of course, I love the maple leaves the best ;)
They looked great and were very edible. We ate every last one of them!!!
Post a Comment