Last night it was lamb. Tasty tasty lamb.


That's stock. I roasted two shanks in foil, picked the meat off the bones, then tossed the bones and scraps into a small saucepan of water. Let it simmer away. A chilling period in the fridge later (and the removal of the fat) and we've got stock. Delicious, gelatinized stock. Mmm-mmm.
Of course, I didn't serve it that way. Instead I cooked it down more with red wine and some pomegranate balsamic vinegar, tossed the lamb meat in that glaze, and served it atop lentils and alongside salad and asparagus.

I think Conrad enjoyed it.

As a postscript to a grey, dreary, wet day, fog rolled in. This was last night just before bed, though it could have been last November, perhaps. In fact, it was this morning as well. The fog has rolled back in this evening - I cannot see the lake at this time. Is this really spring?



1 comment:
I know, wacky weather! And so darn warm and humid today.
Post a Comment