
Yes, there is a scantily-clad man in this blog entry. Oh come on, this is a gay man's blog, after all!
Yesterday was a glorious late summer Saturday in Chicago, a perfect morning for the 2008 AIDS Walk. I'm proud to say that my friends supported me in good number and in generous donation: over $1000. Thank you all.
I did the walk as part of the Fester and Jensen team? Why them? Dan is a friend, and in addition, he's my financial advisor. His business is built around financial services to the community, and his interest in the AIDS Walk was sincere for all that it may have been a marketing tool. The scantily clad man drew a number of people to the booth - no harm in that if the money raised is going to the people who need it (Chicago House, in our case).
I have no pictures from the walk - I was too busy chatting with the team mates - just some from before the walk started and afterwards, when a handful of us set off through Grant Park and Millennium Park to get to the parking garage. Blue skies, blue shirts, a tiny set of briefs, and lovely Chicago scenery - that's what you're getting in this entry!












2 comments:
I call dibs on the nice man in the tiny red underwear!
On behalf of Area 30 and the District Communityl Leads, thank you for your participation in this years Aids Run Walk Chicago. A special thank you to Ryan Renkar and Lisa Freitag for their leadership efforts.
Cheers,
Dan
Post a Comment