If asked, I will always say Mexican. Hands down. Is it any wonder why I love being in Chicago, home of the Baylesses' restaurants?
Last weekend I indulged in Mexican a little closer to that country. Conrad and I were in Austin for the weekend (well, he was there longer). I have a longer post to write about our especially good dinner with AJ and Holly, but for now, a breakfast treat, huevos motuleños.
I had this dish for breakfast at Güero's Taco Bar on South Congress. Great, funky part of town (and I really do recommend a trip to Austin if you've never been). The breakfast was quite fine (and when I reminded the waitress of the side order of chorizo, it was even better). Still, I can't help but think a little wistfully of the days of Don Diego's when Dick would make this dish. His version had the bananas, and peas, for that matter. Really, I've never had a version so good. The quest, however, is delicious to undertake...
4 comments:
My arteries just gasped.
But in a good way, right?
LOL. If only. The cheese would kill me!
Not good. And a real shame. I cannot imagine a life without cheesy goodness!
Post a Comment