Tuesday, March 02, 2010

winning recipe

Credit where credit is due. I've only modestly dipped into the fantastic cookbook TK got me for Christmas (Vancouver Cooks 2), but ladies and gentlemen, we have a proven winner that I will return to time and again in years ahead:

curry salt-crusted halibut with pea puree

The downside to this recipe (and there is one, sorry), is that it is so magnificently fragrant that even with a homemade air freshener of orange peel, clove, and cinnamon sticks simmering on the stove, the apartment was still a little redolent of curry Monday morning. Curry is not necessarily a scent one wants to wake up to on a Sunday morning, I have to say.

Still, it is a winner. Conrad and I had a nice date night in planned for Saturday. Oh, not hugely, sickeningly romantic. No. Just the two of us, though, spending time together quietly and conversationally. Holding hands, watching some AbFab. Enjoying a bottle of a Cedar Creek Chardonnay, the fish, and each other.





Really, can anyone ask for more?

No comments: